Upcoming Features:
Panda-riffic Stories!
Panda of the Day
PandaCam

Monday, May 3, 2010

Story of the Week #3: The Adventures of Blaze MistShard

This week's story is The Adventures of Blaze MistShard by Blaze MistShard. Visit the story blog on the sidebar.

Today I flew to the moon, on to Mars and pass the other planets using my magical broom heading to the galaxy called The Spiral. The Spiral is a galaxy far away only known to Wizards, Wolves, Cyclops, and other Mythical creatures. Now the only reason that I’m riding a magical broom is because my parents are Wizards and I finally got accepted to Ravenwood school, Ravenwood is a school where you get taught magic and spells. Once I got into the spiral I saw seven worlds: Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Grizzlehiem, and a unknown planet called Celestia. The first planet that I had to go to was Wizard City, that’s where all the new students go to get their starting items, like your deck, your suit, and your dorm room.

Once I got all my items collected I had to find a stork named Mr. Lincoln. He is the one who takes the attendance every morning. Next, I took myself on a tour around Wizard City where I saw shops, weird pets, and beautiful waterfalls. The bell rung after I got done with my tour. I ran to the main office in Ravenwood where the Headmaster, Merle Ambrose, was. He gave me my locker number, pencils, and paper to start the day off.

My first class of the day was Ice, I looked at the map of the school and found the Ice class. I walked in and took my seat looking at my teacher, Lydia Greyrose, she is a old Ice fairy who seems friendly and helped in the war against the three elements thirty years ago.

“Hello Class! My name is Lydia Greyrose, your new Ice teacher. I will have you in my class for half of the day. Now the first thing that all the teachers have to do on the first day of school is to bring the class to the Arena in Unicorn Way to meet with the Male Unicorn Warrior, Diego the Duelmaster.” We all got in a line and walked outside to go to the Arena.

“Hello Class!” said Diego jumping out of a bush. “I thank you Mrs. Greyrose, for letting me teach this class. I am very excited, seeing this is my first year at the Ravenwood School.” During the class we learned about Power Pips, how to use our spells, and the monsters we need to know about. We headed back to class after hours of notes.

“Ok class, I hope you had a good morning with Diego. Now is the time when you must gather up all your stuff and go to your 2nd class,” said Mrs. Greyrose.

I got all my stuff together and walked out the classroom. I walked down the hallway into a classroom with the title Storm on it. When I walked in and sat down, I tried to look for the teacher. About two minutes later everyone heard a weird voice coming from the biggest desk in the room. "Hello class, my name is Halston Balestorm, I am your Storm Teacher for the year,” said a frog who hopped up on the desk.

“Whoa, a talking frog! Cool!” said a Death wizard beside me.

“Now I am not the mean type of person, I mean amphibian, as long as you don't get me mad. Now today, we are going outside to the Commons near the lake. Leave your stuff here, line up, and follow me,” said Mr. Balestorm.

Everyone followed his rules, and they walked outside to the Common Lake.


“Ok class, now that we are at the lake, I am going to be teaching you the basic spells,” said Mr. Balestorm. “You are now learning how to summon your cards, the first card that each storm student gets is Thunder Snake. Now to summon this card you must know the basic Storm Sign,” said Mr. Balestorm drawing the sign in air.

“Get your wands, say Pencil, and start practicing drawing this sign.” Everyone held up their wands and said “PENCIL!” and the wand tip turned into led. They started to draw the sign as best as they could. I started to draw the sign slowly, before long I finally got it.

“It has been long enough class. Raise up your drawings so I can see,”said Mr. Balestorm hopping up and down to see each drawing. “A, D, F, C, B, A, A, B,” whispered Mr. Balestorm the grading the pictures.

I got the 1st B in the class, so I was kinda proud of myself. “Now the better the sign is drawn, the better the spell comes out. Samuel WaterCaster, left up your sign,” commanded Mr. Balestorm.

“Uh, sure,” said Samuel holding his drawing up.

“Now what I want you to say is Storm Snakez! Can you do that?” he asked.

“Sure, STORM SNAKEZ!” Samuel yelled. His drawing started to shake a little and the sign formed into a Storm Snake.

“Sssssss….” hissed the Snake slithering up to Sam’s leg.

“Good Job, everyone give Samuel a round of applause!

Everyone clapped and the snake disappeared.

“Wow, I can’t wait to do that!” I said in amazement.

“Thanks Guys,” Sam smiled. The bell rung, everyone went back to the class, got their stuff, and left to their dorms for the first time, not knowing who will be their room mates. I walked to my dorm, and saw Samuel right behind me.

I looked back and said, “Hey, what’s your dorm number?” He replied “374." I looked up and I saw the number 374 in front of me.

“Well, I guess I just found one of my new room mates.” We both walked in and found a life wizard in there.

“Ooh, Hi! My name is Wolf AnvilBreaker.”


"Oh, well hi there,” I said surprisingly.

“Well, I guess you are our third and final roommate,” Sam guessed.

“I sure am! Now what do you guys want do for the rest of the afternoon?” asked Wolf excitedly.

“Well, first my name is Blaze MistShard, and this is Samuel DarterCaster,” Blaze introduced.

“WaterCaster Blaze, WaterCaster,” Samuel growled.

“Still learning here,” I commented embarrassed.

“Well, I guess we can walk around and do some quest till our curfew,” Sam suggested.

Everyone shook their heads, packed up some snacks, and went out to get their quest from Merle. I looked up at one quest.

“Hey guys, think we should defeat the dark fairies, and then unlock the Golden Fairies out of the Bone Cages?” I asked.

“Sure!” Wolf and Sam exclaimed simultaneously.

(Later On That Afternoon)

“Ouch!” I said in pain.

“Hold still already!” said Wolf trying to heal my scar with a Minor Blessing card. The scar started to heal, and I felt better.

“Next time you need to watch your back. If I hadn’t attacked that skeleton with a Thunder Snake, your head would’ve been his,” said Samuel in a serious tone.

“What?! I was trying to help that sprite out the picnic basket!” said Blaze.

“There was no sprite in the picnic basket, only food,” Wolf sighed.

“Well, that bacon got to me,” I said.

“AH!!!!!” a voice near the skeletons exclaimed. “HELP ME, YOU THREE GUYS, HELP!” said a girl in black about to die. Wolf, Sam, and I jumped in the battle before the final blow hit the girl.

“UNICORN!” yelled Wolf drawing a life sign. A unicorn appeared on the battleground and healed all four of us.

“THUNDER SNAKEZ,” said Blaze trying to summon a thunder snake, but fizzled.

“Blaze,” Sam alerted.

“I know Sam,” I said looking at the empty picnic basket.

“OH MY GOSH, OUR PICNIC BASKET IS EMPTY!” Wolf exclaimed, now alert of this. “Where did that girl go?” Wolf casted an Imp killing the skeleton. We all looked around and heard a munching sound near the area in a bush. I got a stick and threw it in the bush.

“HEY! THAT HURT!” the girl yelled.

“HEY WHATS THE BIG DEAL? YOU STOLE OUR SNACKS!” Sam exclaimed angrily.

“Well, I was hungry, and my roommate ate all the food,” said the girl. “Oh yeah, my name is Kristen DeathFlame, pleased to meet you three,” she said munching on the bacon.


“Well guys, the time is getting late and we need to get to our dorms before Gamma comes out here,” Kristen suggested.

We all said our farewells and headed off to our dorms.

“OK, I am going to bed,” Samuel yawned.

“Night guys,” said Wolf throwing his covers over his body.

I waved goodnight to them and turned off our lamp. I snuggled up in my covers and went to bed later on.

In a dream...
“Huh, ooh what?” I asked getting up with terrible wounds.

“There you go, there you go,” said a voice.

“W-why is everything so blurry?” I wondered. I then got my vision back, got up and saw that I had high level gear on.

“Whoa, whats happening?” I asked surprisingly.

“Not the time to fool around now Blaze!” yelled a young female wizard casting a Satyr on Samuel healing him.

“Muhahaha! You can not stop me puny Wizards. You are already above your league,” said a man with long hair and a warrior like staff.

“Be quiet you fool! You have already destroyed enough lifes in The Spiral MALISTA-” The girl was interrupted.

“SILENCE WIZARD! HOW DARE YOUR FILTHY MOUTH SAY MY NAME IN THAT SENTENCE! ENOUGH PLAYING AROUND, MEET YOUR DOOM!” the man exclaimed casting a Scarecrow destroying Sam, Wolf, and the young girl.

“Young Wizard, I will spare your life, now get out my sight you filthy rodent!” he muttered loudly, vanishing into a portal. Ignoring the blood running down my forehead, I rushed over to Wolf, Sam, and the young girl trying to hear a heart beat. I heard nothing from all three.

“No. No!” I exclaimed, mumbling in my sleep.

“WAKE UP!” I heard Wolf screaming.

“HUH, WHAT HAPPENED?” I asked waking up while rubbing my head.

“You were screaming in your sleep. Did some thing happen?” asked Sam.

“No, just a bad dream,” I said dazed.

To Blaze only: BTW, I spent like 45 minutes editing this.

-Happy Wizarding!

1 comment:

  1. Tank u, sry for the 45 mins of editing

    ReplyDelete